Woodhouse Hall, Nottinghamshire
Woodhouse Hall, formerly extra-parochial, now a parish in Notts, adjoining Welbeck, 4½ miles SSW of Worksop station on the M.S. & L.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Worksop. Acreage, 803; population, 167. It is the property of the Duke of Portland.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Worksop|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Woodhouse Hall from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Woodhouse-Hall)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Woodhouse Hall are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.