Thrumpton, a village and a parish in Notts, on the river Trent, 2 miles from Trent railway station, and 7 SW of Nottingham. There is a post and telegraph office under Derby; money order office, Gotham. Acreage, 978; population, 141. Thrumpton Hall is the seat of the Byron family, to whom the manor belongs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Southwell; gross value, £176 with residence. The church is in the Late Decorated style, consisting of chancel, nave, and an Early English embattled tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Thrumpton All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Basford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Thrumpton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Thrumpton (All Saints))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.