Teversall, a parish, with a village, in Notts, 3 miles NW of Sutton, and 3½ W by N of Mansfield. It has a station on the M.R., and a post office under Mansfield; money order office, Stanton Hill; telegraph office, the railway station. Acreage, 2725; population, 385. The manor belongs to the Countess of Carnarvon. There are limestone quarries and a colliery. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Southwell; gross value, £400 with residence. Patron, the Earl of Carnarvon. The church is partly Norman, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, and western tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Teversal St. Catherine|
|Poor Law union||Mansfield|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Teversall from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Teversal (St. Catherine))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.