Haslingfield, a village and a parish in Cambridgeshire. The village stands on the river Cam, 2 miles NNE from Harston station on the G.N.R., and 5½ SW by S from Cambridge. The Lords' Bridge station on the L. & N.W.R. is in the N of the parish. It has a post office under Cambridge; money order and telegraph office, Harston. The parish comprises 2573 acres; population, 594. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely; gross yearly value, £481 with residence. The church is a large building of clunch and stone in the Early Decorated and Perpendicular styles. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and an endowed school.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Haslingfield All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Chesterton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Haslingfield from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Haslingfield (All Saints))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Haslingfield are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.