UK Genealogy Archives logo

Stokeham, Nottinghamshire

Historical Description

Stokeham, a village and a parish in Notts, 4 miles NE of Tuxford railway station. Post town, Lincoln; money order and telegraph office, Tuxford. Acreage, 603; population, 35. The living is annexed to the rectory of East Drayton in the diocese of Southwell. The church is a small building in the Norman style, consisting of chancel, restored in 1881, nave, and bell-turret.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNottinghamshire 
Poor Law unionEast Retford 
WapentakeBassetlaw 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Stokeham from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Stokeham are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictBassetlaw
CountyNottinghamshire
RegionEast Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtDN22
Post TownRetford