Stanton on the Wolds, Nottinghamshire
Stanton-on-the-Wolds, a small village and a parish in Notts, 7½ miles SSE of Nottingham, and about 1 mile from Widmerpool station on the M.R. Post town, Nottingham; money order office, Keyworth; telegraph office, Widmerpool (R.S.) Acreage, 1406; population, 112. The manor belongs to the Robertson family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Southwell; gross value, £90 with residence. The church is a very small building, and was thoroughly restored in 1889.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Stanton-On-The-Wolds All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Bingham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stanton on the Wolds from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Stanton-On-The-Wolds (All Saints))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.