Standard Hill, Nottinghamshire
Standard Hill, a parish in the municipal borough of Nottingham, Notts. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Nottingham. Acreage, 266; population, 2305. The living of St James' is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Southwell; net value, £290 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church, erected in 1809 and altered extensively in 1879, consists of chancel, nave, aisles, and an embattled western tower.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.