Ragnall, a village and a parish in Notts. The village stands three-quarters of a mile W of the river Trent, and 5 miles ENE by road of Tuxford station on the G.N.R. Post town, Newark; money order and telegraph office, Newton-on-Trent. The parish comprises 1203 acres; population, 167. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Dunham, in the diocese of Southwell. The church was restored in 1865, and consists of chancel, nave, aisle, and an embattled tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||East Retford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ragnall from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Ragnall are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.