Ompton or Almpton, Nottinghamshire
Ompton or Almpton, a small village and a township in Kneesall parish, Notts, 2½ miles ESE of Ollerton, and 7 from Carlton station on the G.N.R. There is a post office under Newark; money order and telegraph office, Ollerton. Acreage, 614; population, 55. The manor belongs to Lord Savile. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Southwell|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ompton or Almpton from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.