UK Genealogy Archives logo

Great Chishall, Cambridgeshire

Historical Description

Chishall, Great, a parish in Essex, on the verge of the county, 5 miles SE of Royston station on the G.N.R., and 9 W by N of Saffron-Walden. Post town, Royston; money order office, Heydon; telegraph office, Barley. Acreage, 2542; population, 387. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, £115. The church is a building of flint and stone in the Perpendicular style.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.