UK Genealogy Archives logo

Kinoulton, Nottinghamshire

Historical Description

Kinoulton, a village and a parish in Notts. The village stands on the Grantham Canal, near the Fosse Way, 2 miles from Widmerpool station on the M.R., and 9 SE of Nottingham. The parish includes lands formerly called Newbold, and has a post office under Nottingham; money order office, Hickling; telegraph office, Widmerpool station. Acreage, 3089; population, 317. The manor belongs to the Nevile family. There is a chalybeate spring. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Southwell; gross value, £200. Patron, the Crown. The church was built in 1793, and is a neat brick structure, with a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNottinghamshire 
Ecclesiastical parishKinoulton St. Wilfrid 
Poor Law unionBingham 
WapentakeBingham 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Kinoulton from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Kinoulton are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictRushcliffe
CountyNottinghamshire
RegionEast Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtNG12
Post TownNottingham