Fiskerton cum Morton, Nottinghamshire
Fiskerton-cum-Morton, a township in Rolleston parish, Notts, on the river Trent, and on the M.R., 3 miles SE of Southwell. It has a station on the railway, and a ferry to East Stoke. There is a church, dedicated to St Denis, at Morton, a mission church at Fiskerton, and a Wesleyan chapel. Fiskerton anciently had an Augustinian friary, founded in 1132 by Ralph D'Eyncourt, made subject to Thurgarton Abbey, and suppressed in the time of Philip and Mary. Post town, Newark; money order office, South-well; telegraph office, Rolleston. Acreage, 1573; population, 391.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Southwell|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Fiskerton cum Morton from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.