UK Genealogy Archives logo

Darlton, Nottinghamshire

Historical Description

Darlton, a small village and a parish in Notts, on an affluent of the river Trent, 2½ miles NE of Tuxford railway station, and 7½ SE of East Eetford. Post town, Lincoln. Acreage, 1506; population, 139. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed with the chapelry of Ragnall to the vicarage of Dunham-on-Trent, in the diocese of Southwell; gross joint value, £235 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Manchester. The church is good.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNottinghamshire 
Civil parishDunham 
Poor Law unionEast Retford 
WapentakeBassetlaw 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Darlton from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Darlton are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictBassetlaw
CountyNottinghamshire
RegionEast Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtNG22
Post TownNewark