UK Genealogy Archives logo

Bunny, Nottinghamshire

Historical Description

Bunny, a village, a township, and a parish in Notts, 3 miles SW of Plumtree railway station, and 6½ S of Nottingham, which is the post town. Acreage of the township, 2137; population, 239; of the civil and ecclesiastical parish, with Bradmore, 483. Bunny Park was the seat of the erudite and eccentric Sir T. Parkyns, and passed to Lord Rancliffe. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Bradmore, in the diocese of Southwell; net value, £327 with residence. The church is partly Decorated English, and has a crocketed spire. There is an endowed school and some charities.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNottinghamshire 
Ecclesiastical parishBunny St. Mary 
Poor Law unionBasford 
WapentakeRushcliffe 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Bunny from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Bunny are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictRushcliffe
CountyNottinghamshire
RegionEast Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtNG11
Post TownNottingham