Bulcote, a township and a chapelry in the Newark division of Notts, on the river Trent and the M.R., 1 mile NE of Burton-Joyce railway station, and 6 miles NE of Nottingham. Post town, Burton-Joyce, under Nottingham. Acreage, 650; population, 101. The living is a chapelry, annexed to the vicarage of Burton-Joyce, in the diocese of Southwell; joint net value, £210 with residence, in the gift of the Earl of Carnarvon.
|Poor Law union||Southwell|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bulcote from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Bulcote are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.