UK Genealogy Archives logo

Budby, Nottinghamshire

Historical Description

Budby, a village and a township in Edwinstowe parish, Notts, 2½ miles NW by W of Ollerton. Post town, Newark; money order and telegraph office, Ollerton. Acreage of township, 2118; population, 121. Earl Manvers is lord of the manor and sole proprietor. An iron church was erected in 1887.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNottinghamshire 
Civil parishEdwinstowe 
Poor Law unionSouthwell 
WapentakeBassetlaw 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Budby from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Budby are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictNewark and Sherwood
CountyNottinghamshire
RegionEast Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtNG22
Post TownNewark