Bradmore, a parish in Notts, 2½ miles from Plumtree station on the M.R.. and 7 S of Nottingham, which is the post town; money order and telegraph office, Ruddington. Acreage, 1253; population, 244. Many of the inhabitants are stocking-makers. The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of Bunny, in the diocese of Southwell; joint net yearly value, £360 with residence. The church was long ago burnt down and has not been rebuilt. Divine service is held at Bunny. There is also a small Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Basford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bradmore from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Bradmore are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.