Bevercoates, a parish in Notts, 2½ miles NW of Tuxford, on the G.N.R., which is the nearest station. Post town, Tuxford, under Newark. Acreage, 734; population, 40. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Markham Clinton, in the diocese of Southwell. The old church is in ruins, but a new one was erected by the Duke of Newcastle in 1833.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bevercoats St. Giles|
|Poor Law union||East Retford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bevercoates from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Bevercoats (St. Giles))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.