Bestwood Park, Nottinghamshire
Bestwood Park, a parish in Nottingham, once a part of Sherwood Forest. It has a station on the G.N.R., and a post and money order office, named Bestwood Colliery, under Nottingham; telegraph office, Bulwell. Acreage, 3729; population of the civil parish, 736; of the ecclesiastical, 714. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Southwell; net value, £224, in the gift of the Duke of St Albans, who has a residence (Bestwood Lodge) in the parish. There are extensive coal and iron works.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Nottinghamshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Nottinghamshire newspapers online:
- Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottinghamshire Guardian
- Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties
- Nottingham Gazette, and Political, Literary, Agricultural & Commercial Register for the Midland Counties
The Visitation of Nottinghamshire 1569 & 1614 is available on the Heraldry page.