Dullingham, a village and a parish in Cambridgeshire, 4 miles SSW of Newmarket, with a station on the G.E.R., and a post office under Newmarket; money order and tels-graph office, Stetchworth. Acreage, 3387; population, 822. Dullingham House is the chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, gross yearly value, £140 with residence. The church is an ancient building of stone in the Early English style. There are a Wesleyan chapel and charities worth about oElOO a year.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Dullingham St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Newmarket|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Dullingham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Dullingham (St. Mary))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Dullingham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.