Thuxton, a parish in Norfolk, with a station on the G.E.R., 120 miles from London, and 5 SSE of East Dereham. Post town, Attleborough. Acreage, 1115; population, 88. The Hall manor belongs to the Earl of Kimberley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwicli; net value, £145 with residence. The church is a small edifice of flint in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Thuxton St. Paul|
|Poor Law union||Mitford and Launditch|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with Norfolk Record Office have the following parish records online for Thuxton:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Thuxton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Thuxton (St. Paul))
Online maps of Thuxton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.