Threxton, a parish in Norfolk, 2½ miles W by S of Watton station on the G.E.R. Post town, Watton, under Thetford. Acreage, 1074; population, 94. There is a Roman camp, and Roman relics have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich; net value, £80 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Norwich. The church is a building of flint, contains some good tracery on the pillars and an oak screen, and has been well restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Swaffham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with Norfolk Record Office have the following parish records online for Threxton:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Threxton from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.