Quarles, formerly an extra-parochial tract, now a parish in Walsingham union, Norfolk, 4½ miles WNW of New Wal-singham. Post town, Wells; money order and telegraph office, Walsingham. Acreage, 596; population, 15. The property belongs to the Earl of Leicester.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Quarles from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.