Northrepps, a village and a parish in Norfolk, 2 miles SE of Cromer and 2 NE of Gunton stations on the G.E.R., and 3 SE of Cromer Beach station on the Midland and Great Northern Joint railway. There is a post office under Norwich; money order and telegraph office, Overstrand. Acreage of parish, 2750; population, 625. The manor belongs to Lord Suffield. Northrepps Hall, a seat of the Gurneys, is a Tudor farmhouse with modern additions, standing in a park. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich; gross value, £581 with residence, in the gift of the Duchy of Lancaster. The church is an ancient building of flint and stone, chiefly in the Perpendicular style, consisting of nave, aisles, S porch, and an embattled western tower.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with Norfolk Record Office have the following parish records online for Northrepps:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Online maps of Northrepps are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.