Morley St Botolph, Norfolk
Morley St Botolph, a parish, with a village, in Norfolk, 3 miles WSW of Wymondham station, and 3½ N from Attleborough station on the Norwich and Thetford section of the G.E.R. It has a post office under Wymondham; money order and telegraph office, Wymondham. Acreage, 808; population of the civil parish, 229; of the ecclesiastical, with St Peter, 403. The living is a rectory, united with the perpetual curacy of Morley St Peter, in the diocese of Norwich; gross value, £507 with residence. The church, an edifice of stone in the Perpendicular style, was partly rebuilt in 1880. There is a fuel allotment worth about £24: a year.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Morley St. Botolph|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with Norfolk Record Office have the following parish records online for Morley St Botolph with St Peter:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Morley St Botolph from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Morley (St. Botolph))
Online maps of Morley St Botolph are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.