Hargham, a parish in Norfolk, 1 mile N of Eccles Road station on the G.E.R., and 3½ miles SW by S from Attleborough. Post town, money order, and telegraph-office, Attleborough. Acreage, 1223; population of th& civil parish, 61; of the ecclesiastical, with Wilby, 165. Hargham Hall is a modern mansion, standing in a park of 50 acres. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Wilby, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is a small building of flint, consisting now of chancel and nave only.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Hargham All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Wayland|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with Norfolk Record Office have the following parish records online for Hargham:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hargham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Hargham (All Saints))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.