Forncett St Peter, Norfolk
Forncett St Peter, a village and a parish in Norfolk, near Forncett station on the G.E.R., 2¼ miles W of Long Stratton. There is a post and money order office under Long Stratton; telegraph office, Long Stratton. Acreage, 1901; population, 600. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich; net value, £460. Patron, the Earl, of Effingham. The church is a small building of flint and stone in the Perpendicular style, and there are Baptist and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Forncett St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Depwade|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with Norfolk Record Office have the following parish records online for Forncett St Peter:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Forncett St Peter from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Forncett (St. Peter))
Online maps of Forncett St Peter are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.