East Bradenham, Norfolk
Bradenham, East, a village and a parish in Norfolk, on the river Wissey, 3½ miles S of Wendling station on the G.E.R.,. and 5 SW of East Dereham. Post town, Thetford; money order office, West Bradenham; telegraph office, Shipdham. Acreage of parish, 2384; population, 314. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich; net value, £211 with residence. The church is of flint in mixed styles. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||East Bradenham St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Swaffham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with Norfolk Record Office have the following parish records online for East Bradenham:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for East Bradenham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Bradenham, East (St. Mary))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.