Dunton Cum Doughton, Norfolk
Dunton-Cum-Doughton, a village and a parish in Norfolk, 3 miles W by N from Fakenham, and 2 from Raynham Park station on the Eastern and Midland railway. Post town, money order, and telegraph office, Fakenham. Acreage, 1747; population, 165. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich; net yearly value, £121 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Dunton with Doughton St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Walsingham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with Norfolk Record Office have the following parish records online for Dunton with Doughton:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Dunton Cum Doughton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Dunton, with Doughton (St. Mary))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.