Deopham, a parish in Norfolk, 3½ miles N from Attle-borough station on the G.E.R., and 3 W by S from Wymond-ham. It has a post office under Wymondham; money order and telegraph office, Hingham. Acreage, 1661; population, 395. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich; net yearly value, £75 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury. The church is a building of flint and stone in the Perpendicular style. There are two Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Deopham St. Andrew|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with Norfolk Record Office have the following parish records online for Deopham with Hackford:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Deopham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Deopham (St. Andrew))
Online maps of Deopham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.