UK Genealogy Archives logo

Weedon, Buckinghamshire

Historical Description

Weedon, a township in Hardwicke parish, Bucks, 3 miles N of Aylesbury. Acreage, 1796; population, 420. About two-thirds of the land belong to the Rothschild family.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyBuckinghamshire 
Civil parishHardwicke 
HundredCottesloe 
Poor Law unionAylesbury 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

Weedon was in Aylesbury Registration District from 1837 to 1974


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Weedon from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Weedon are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

A full transcript of the Visitation of Buckinghamshire, 1634 is online

DistrictAylesbury Vale
CountyBuckinghamshire
RegionSouth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtHP22