Brandestone or Brandistone, Norfolk
Brandestone or Brandistone, a parish in Norfolk, 3 miles SE of Reepham, 2 S of Cawston station on the G.E.R., and 10 NW by N of Norwich, which is the post town; money order and telegraph office, Cawston. Acreage, 776; population, 153. Brandestone Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich; net value, £200 with residence, in the gift of Lord de Eamsey. The church is a small structure of flint in the Perpendicular style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Brandistone cum Guton St. Nicholas|
|Poor Law union||St. Faiths|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with Norfolk Record Office have the following parish records online for Brandiston:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Brandestone or Brandistone from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Brandistone cum Guton (St. Nicholas))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.