Beeston St Andrew, Norfolk
Beeston-St-Andrew, a village and a parish in Norfolk, 2½ miles from Salhouse station on the G.E.R., and 3½ NE from Norwich, which is the post town; money order and telegraph office, Old Catton. Acreage, 635; population, 56. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich; net yearly value, £90. The church is in ruins, only the foundations being left.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Beeston St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||St. Faiths|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with Norfolk Record Office have the following parish records online for Beeston next Mileham:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Beeston St Andrew from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Beeston (St. Andrew))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.