Beechamwell, a village and a parish in Norfolk, 4½ miles S of Narborough railway station on the G.E.R., and o SW of Swaffham, under which there is a post and money order office, and at which is the telegraph office. Acreage, 3996; population of the civil parish, 363; of the ecclesiastical, with Shingham, 409. Beechamwell Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory, with that of Beechamwell St John, .Beechamwell All Saints, and Shingham annexed; gross yearly value, £348 with two residences. Beechamwell church is a small building of flint, with an ancient round western tower. Shingham Church has a fine Norman porch of a very <—arly date.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Swaffham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Norfolk Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers for Norfolk online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Beechamwell from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.