Yiewsley, a village and a parish in Middlesex, 3 miles S from Uxbridge, and adjoining West Drayton station on the G.W.R. Formerly an ecclesiastical parish in the civil parish of Hillingdon, Yiewsley became a civil parish of its own in 1896. The parish is crossed by the river Colne and the Grand Junction Canal. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Uxbridge. Population, 2623. It has a parish council consisting of nine members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London; net value, £278 with residence, in the gift of the Vicar of Hillingdon. The church, consecrated in 1859, is a plain building of brick in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, vestries, nave, S porch, and bell gable. There are three chuich mission-rooms and a Wesleyan chapel.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.
Online maps of Yiewsley are available from a number of sites: