Twyford Abbey, Middlesex
Twyford Abbey, formerly an extra-parochial tract, now a parish, in Middlesex, 2 miles from Acton, and 7¼ from London. It is crossed by the Paddington Canal, and is 1¼ mile from the Sudbury and Wembley station on the L.& N.W.R. Acreage, 281; population, 60. Twyford Abbey is a large mansion of brick standing in its own grounds, through which the river Brent flows. A small brick chapel which stands in the grounds has some ancient and interesting monuments.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kensington|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Twyford Abbey from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Twyford)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.