Spring Grove, Middlesex
Spring Grove, an ecclesiastical district in Heston and Isleworth parishes, Middlesex, at Isleworth and Spring Grove station on the loop line of the L. & S.W.R., and the Osterley Park and Spring Grove station of the Metropolitan District railway, between Brentford and Hounslow. It was constituted in 1856, and has a post office under Isleworth; money order and telegraph office, Isleworth. Population, 1797. The locality is attractive for villas and other suburban residences, and has been rising rapidly into importance. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. The income is derived from pew rents. The church, erected in 1859 at a cost of £15,000, is an edifice of stone in the Early Decorated style, lofty, handsome, and spacious. Spring Grove House is a thief residence, standing in grounds of about 20 acres. There are almshouses for eight persons belonging to the Saddlers' company. The Borough Road Training College for Teachers, originally established in Southwark in 1808, now occupies a large block of buildings here, which include principal's rooms, officers' rooms, class-rooms, dormitories, a chemical laboratory, dining-hall, gymnasium, &c.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.
Online maps of Spring Grove are available from a number of sites: