Perivale or Greenford Parva, Middlesex
Perivale or Greenford Parva, a parish in Middlesex, on the river Brent, 2 miles S from Sudbury station on the L. & N.W.R., 2 N from Ealing station on the G.W.R., and 6 N from London. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Ealing. Acreage, 633; population, 55. It returns two members to the Greenford Urban District Council. The manor and most of the land belong to the Delpiere family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of London; gross value, £240 with residence. The church is a small building of stone in the Early Norman style, consisting of chancel, nave, S porch, and a western tower of wood. It has a brass of 1600.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Brentford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Perivale or Greenford Parva from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Perrivale)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.