Littleton, a village and a parish on the Exe stream, Middlesex, near the river Thames, at the boundary with Surrey, opposite Chersey, 1 mile N from Shepperton station on the L. & S.W.R., and 4 miles SE of Staines railway station, with a post office under Shepperton (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Shepperton. Acreage, 1038; population, 99. Littleton House is the chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of London; net value, £272 with residence. The church is an ancient building of brick in the Early English style, and contains a brass of 1553 and some monuments.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Littleton St. Mary Magdalene|
|Poor Law union||Staines|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Littleton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Littleton (St. Mary Magdalene))
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.