Hampton Wick, Middlesex
Hampton Wick, a parish situated on the river Thames, about a mile E from Hampton Court, and half a mile N by W from Kingston-on-Thames, is connected with Kingston by a handsome stone bridge. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office. Acreage, 1315; population, 2378. The living is a vicarage of the gross yearly value of £405 with residence, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor. The church, erected in 1831, is a building of brick in the Decorated style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kingston|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hampton Wick from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hampton-Wick)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.