Christchurch Newgate Street, London
Christchurch Newgate Street, or Christchurch Greyfriars, a parish in the City of London. The parish was formed about 1550 in place of the earlier dissolved parishes of St. Ewin and St. Nicholas Shambles.
Christchurch, which was the church of the former monastery of the Friars Minor, or Grey Friars, was destroyed in the Great Fire of London, and was restored in 1687-1704 by Wren, has capacity for 3000 persons, is the place where the Spital sermons are preached before the lord mayor and aldermen, and contains the graves of Burdett and Richard Baxter.
The Visitation of London, 1568 is available to browse from the Heraldry page.