Allhallows Staining, London
Allhallows Staining, a parish in the City of London. The parish was united with St. Olave, Hart Street, in 1870
Ancestry.co.uk, in conjunction with the London Metropolitan Archives, have digitised the registers for Allhallows Staining
The church of All Hallows, located In the alley leading from Fenchurch Street into Mark Lane, is first mentioned in 1177 as "Staniggecherch". It escaped the Great Fire of London but collapsed a few years later, apparently due to too many burials undermining the foundations. A new church was built in 1675 in the Perpendicular style. The church was demolished in 1870, with the exception of the tower which still remains. A Norman crypt was installed in 1873, having been taken from Lamb's Chapel in Monkwell Street.
The Visitation of London, 1568 is available to browse from the Heraldry page.