Whittingham, a township in Goosnargh-cum-Whittingham parish, Lancashire, 5 miles NNE of Preston, and 2 from Grimsargh station on the L. & N.W.R. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Preston. Acreage, 3192; population, 2740. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. One of the county lunatic asylums is here. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Lancashire Archives, have images of the Parish Registers for Lancashire online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Whittingham from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Lancashire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lancashire newspapers online: