Shenley Brook End, Buckinghamshire
Shenley Brook-end, a township and hamlet in Shenley Church-end parish, Bucks, three-quarters of a mile S front Shenley. Acreage, 1659; population, 215. There is a parish council consisting of five members.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Winslow|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Shenley Brook End was in Winslow Registration District from 1837 to 1935
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Shenley Brook End from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Brook-End)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Shenley Brook End are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online:
A full transcript of the Visitation of Buckinghamshire, 1634 is online