Petsoe Manor, formerly an extra-parochial tract, now a parish in Newport Pagnell union, Bucks, 2 miles SSE of Olney. Acreage, 411; population, 10. It belongs to Lincoln College, Oxford, and for ecclesiastical purposes is annexed to the parish of Emberton.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Newport-Pagnell|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Petsoe Manor was in Newport Pagnell Registration District from 1837 to 1935
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Petsoe from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Petsoe are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online:
A full transcript of the Visitation of Buckinghamshire, 1634 is online