Kenyon, a township in Newchurch Kenyon parish, Lancashire, 2½ miles E by N of Newton-in-Maclcerfield. It has a station on the L. & N.W.R., and a post office under Manchester; money order and telegraph office, Newchurch. Acreage, 1685; population, 241. Bricks are made.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Leigh|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Lancashire Archives, have images of the Parish Registers for Lancashire online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kenyon from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Lancashire is available to browse.
Online maps of Kenyon are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lancashire newspapers online: