Little Woolstone, Buckinghamshire
Woolstone, Little, a village and a parish in Bucks, 2 miles S from Great Linford station on the Wolverton and Newport Pagnell branch of the L. & N.W.R., and 3 S from Newport Pagnell. The parish is crossed by the Grand Junction Canal and by the river Ousel. Acreage, 631; population of the civil parish, 83; of the ecclesiastical, with Great Woolstone, 163. The manor belongs to the Prescott-Westcar family. The living is a rectory, united with that of Great Woolstone; joint net value, £192 with residence, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor. The church, which was partly rebuilt in 1861, is a building of stone consisting of chancel and nave with S porch and turret.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Woolstone Holy Trinity|
|Poor Law union||Newport-Pagnell|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Little Woolstone was in Newport Pagnell Registration District from 1837 to 1934
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Woolstone from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Woolstone, Little (Holy Trinity))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Little Woolstone are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online:
A full transcript of the Visitation of Buckinghamshire, 1634 is online