Bleasdale or Admarsh, Lancashire
Bleasdale or Admarsh, a township and chapelry in Lancaster parish, Lancashire, among the hills, 5 miles ENE of Garstang railway station. It has a post office under Garstang (R.S.O.), which is the telegraph office; money order office, Caldervale. Acreage, 7298; population of the township, 402; of the ecclesiastical district, 293. Most of the area was formerly forest, belonging to the Crown. Bleasdale Fell is 1709 feet high. The living of Admarsh-in-Bleasdale is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester; value, £170 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Lancaster. The church was built in 1837. There are an endowed school and the North Lancashire Reformatory School.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Garstang|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Lancashire Archives, have images of the Parish Registers for Lancashire online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bleasdale or Admarsh from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Lancashire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lancashire newspapers online: