Kingswood, a township in Ludgershall parish, Bucks, 6 miles SE of Bicester. Acreage, 261; population, 40.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Aylesbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Kingswood was in Aylesbury Registration District from 1837 to 1974
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kingswood from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Kingswood)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Kingswood are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online:
A full transcript of the Visitation of Buckinghamshire, 1634 is online