Kingswood, a township in Ludgershall parish, Bucks, 6 miles SE of Bicester. Acreage, 261; population, 40.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Aylesbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Kingswood was in Aylesbury Registration District from 1837 to 1974
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kingswood from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Kingswood are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online:
A full transcript of the Visitation of Buckinghamshire, 1634 is online