Yelling, a parish, with a village, in Huntingdonshire, 4 miles SE from Offord station on the G.N.R., and 7½ S from Huntingdon, with a post and money order office under Huntingdon; telegraph office, Offord D'Arcy. Acreage, 1848; population, 316. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. There is a chalybeate spring. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net value, £180 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is a building of stone and cobble in the Norman style. There is a Baptist chapel. H. Venn was rector.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Yelling Holy Cross|
|Poor Law union||Caxton and Arrington|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Yelling from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Yelling (Holy Cross))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.